French course for people who emigrate to France
A four-week * group course French for students with some knowledge of French (level A2 or higher)
Group up to 4 persons
* For the daily programme, see our FAQ.
This course consist of the following components:
In groups of up to 4 participants, you will be taught French grammar, you will learn to expand your vocabulary in context, you will work on your pronunciation, and we will regularly look back on the assignments carried out in the tutorial.
In addition to a number of varied workshops on social and cultural aspects of French society, the coaching consists of the following elements (can be adapted to your requirements) :
I Personal guidance in practical and administrative matters (relevant in the period before, during or after your emigration)
II Personal guidance in the language acquisition process
You will work in your own pace on your French on the basis of assignments that are tailored to your needs.
Every day we discuss a topic from everyday life.
At the end of each day, you can ask questions that concern you alone, such as questions about additional assignments you carried out, about an email that you want to send a French agency, etc.
The weekend activities
You can join various activities offered by the Tourist Office of Saint-Honoré-les-Bains.
Outside of class
Through a collaboration of Work your Way to France with selected shops and restaurants and the library of Saint-Honoré-les-Bains, you will receive attention and feedback during your free time as well.
All the French courses are given by Maarten Stroes
– Studied French language and literature/French as a foreign language and French history in Amsterdam, Montpellier and Lille.
– Wrote several French teaching methods
– Working as a French teacher since 1998, taught, among other things, at a French ‘Collège’
– Has given intensive courses in French to adults since the end of 2010
The emigration coach
The coaching on emigration is given by Lonneke Grobben
- Studied General Literature, majoring in French and linguistics in Amsterdam, Besançon and Tenerife.
- Followed coach training at a coaching school in 2009
- Worked in communications and public relations from 1995 to 2010
- Has provided guidance to foreigners wishing to settle in Burgundy since late 2010 (clients include Le Conseil Départemental de la Nièvre, le Conseil Régional de la Bourgogne)
The training centre is located in a mansion called Villa des Fleurs. It has four apartments with kitchen and bathroom and a common room with kitchen. This is where classes are held and where students can socialise in the evening and at the weekend. The students have a beautiful garden at their disposal. For more information, click here.
The 4-week Group course : 3450 €
This amount includes:
French lessons, Coaching and walk-in times.
Apartment rental (including water, gas, electricity)
Literature + teaching material
Lunch during the course days
The cost of activities in collaboration with Office du Tourisme de Saint-Honoré-les-Bains
Transportation to and from railway station Cercy-la-Tour or TGV station Le Creusot (if necessary)
If necessary, you can purchase additional guidance hours by various experts
Note: If a couple shares an apartment, there is a reduction of 10 %.